22 outubro 2006

A peek at the diary of ...

... Mel Gibson

Spoke earlier with Dad, who has been the usual tower of strength, but is pretty down on my TV interview apologising to the Jews for suggesting they are responsible for every war in the world. "How come they never have to apologise for inventing the Holocaust?" he yelled. Like I always say, he's never lied to me. But I have a new movie to promote, and to adapt Dorothy's words to Toto: I don't think we're in Australia any more, Dad. Unfortunately.

As I keep trying to explain, it was the alcohol talking. But, like the coward that it is, the alcohol's nowhere to be seen when the time for apologies comes round, so it has fallen to me to make amends on its behalf. But I just now stumbled on a quote by an English guy named Ronald Atkinson. You know what he said? "I think I've over-apologised enough." And the very second I read that, I thought to myself: aye, apologise some more and I'll probably get to make Lethal Weapon 5. But dying in my bed, many years from now, would I be willing to trade all the days, from this day to that, for one chance - just one chance - to come back here and tell my enemies that they may take my box office receipts, they may flash their Jewy sugartits at me, but they'll never take... MY FREEDOM.

Sem comentários: