19 agosto 2004

(descaradamente) roubado ao Gato Fedorento:



The Dr. Stephen Hawking Action Figure stands approximately 5 1/2-inches-tall and comes with a mug of beer and a flying wheelchair. Place Dr. Hawking on any compatible Springfield Environment to hear him talk! Recommended for ages 4 and up.
Stephen Hawking in The Simpsons:
Skinner: I'm sure what Dr. Hawking means is --
Hawking: Silence. I don't need anyone to talk for me. Except this voice box.
(…)
Lisa meekly asks the crowd to stay calm, but a full-scale Springfieldian riot quickly develops. Hawking figures it's time to make his escape and activates ... his automatic toothbrush. Oops -- wrong button.
(…)
Hawking: Your theory of a donut-shaped universe is intriguing, Homer. I may have to steal it.
Homer: Wow, I can't believe someone I never heard of is hanging out with a guy like me.
Moe: All right, it's closing time. Who's paying the tab?
Homer: [imitating Hawking's voice box] I am.
Hawking: I didn't say that.
Homer: [still imitating] Yes I did.
[a glove comes out of Hawking's wheelchair, bopping Homer in the face]
[still imitating] D'oh.
Os Gatos rant about disability, insofar as humour is key to lessen excess dramatisation of it, so here's an excerpt equally «borrowed» from them from Seinfeld:
George: Must be one of those rich, spoiled handicapped people, who didn't want to do any work, and just wanted to sit in her wheelchair and take it easy.
(…)
Salesman: This is out best model. The Cougar 9000. It's the Rolls Royce of wheelchairs. This is like... you're almost glad to be handicapped.
Kramer: So now, what's this got?
Salesman: Inductive joystick, dynamic braking, flip-up arms, it's fully loaded. I put Stephen Hawking in one of these two months ago, he's lovin' it! It's rated number one by Hospital Supply and Prosthetic Magazine.

Sem comentários: